December 16, 2008
Wow...I am not good at updating this blog at all. Lot's of stuff going on. I can't believe we are just over a week away from Christmas. I am not close to ready. At all. I am super excited, however, because we will get to meet our nephew finally!! Serene, Daryn and Colten will be flying in a week from today!
Our family is just as busy as usual. Lincoln is busy going to Gopher basketball games and playing in a league in Cannon Falls. We also, or I should say he also, picked up some calf feeding duties last month so that we can have a little extra cash to pay some stuff off. I was going to be a part of it until we realized that it is too hard with all 3 kids with us...at their ages anyway. I have been busy with various projects and my jobs. It's the Christmas season and I work for church....it's busy right now. :)
Luke just lost his second tooth last night. The tooth fairy left him a dollar again. She is so nice. He's doing very well in school still. He is reading like crazy now. I love it! He's gone to a couple Gopher games with Lincoln and he really enjoys those. I guess he does all the cheering that the students do.
Ashlyn is still doing good in dance and preschool. She is learning a lot every time she goes. She writes her name so much better now. I can't believe that she is going to be 5 in less than a week. Wow. Kindergarten next fall. I am excited to send her off, but it's so weird that I will have 2 in school. Ashlyn has her first dance recital this weekend at the high school. I am excited. It'll be fun!
Chloe is talking more & more all the time. She says a whole list of words now. As far as animals though....she will only say 'sheep'. All the other animals she calls by their sounds. A cow is a 'moo', a kitty is a 'meow'. Oh-well. To her, Ashlyn is 'Ash' and Luke is 'Uke'. She is starting to copy us now so I guess we better watch it around her now....not that we say a whole lot of bad stuff around the house...we don't...usually. She takes direction very well, however, she knows how to tease us....great. We are in the process of breaking her of the pacifier. She knows to keep it in her crib when she wakes up in the morning and for her naps. We are getting closer.
Here are some pictures from this month so far:
Our family is just as busy as usual. Lincoln is busy going to Gopher basketball games and playing in a league in Cannon Falls. We also, or I should say he also, picked up some calf feeding duties last month so that we can have a little extra cash to pay some stuff off. I was going to be a part of it until we realized that it is too hard with all 3 kids with us...at their ages anyway. I have been busy with various projects and my jobs. It's the Christmas season and I work for church....it's busy right now. :)
Luke just lost his second tooth last night. The tooth fairy left him a dollar again. She is so nice. He's doing very well in school still. He is reading like crazy now. I love it! He's gone to a couple Gopher games with Lincoln and he really enjoys those. I guess he does all the cheering that the students do.
Ashlyn is still doing good in dance and preschool. She is learning a lot every time she goes. She writes her name so much better now. I can't believe that she is going to be 5 in less than a week. Wow. Kindergarten next fall. I am excited to send her off, but it's so weird that I will have 2 in school. Ashlyn has her first dance recital this weekend at the high school. I am excited. It'll be fun!
Chloe is talking more & more all the time. She says a whole list of words now. As far as animals though....she will only say 'sheep'. All the other animals she calls by their sounds. A cow is a 'moo', a kitty is a 'meow'. Oh-well. To her, Ashlyn is 'Ash' and Luke is 'Uke'. She is starting to copy us now so I guess we better watch it around her now....not that we say a whole lot of bad stuff around the house...we don't...usually. She takes direction very well, however, she knows how to tease us....great. We are in the process of breaking her of the pacifier. She knows to keep it in her crib when she wakes up in the morning and for her naps. We are getting closer.
Here are some pictures from this month so far:
Ashlyn had a dress rehearsal at the nursing home.

"Cheese"

Luke's class had a holiday open house for all the parents. This is the tree that they made. The ornaments are a count down to Christmas and every day we take one off and he is supposed to do what is on it. Last night he washed dishes.
Oh, the Gingerbread House. I think the kids had fun decorating with the candies, but unfortunately, I didn't enjoy preparing the house from the kit. I am obviously not a gingerbread type. I may do it again next year (i mean, it was a kit...can it get any easier?), but if they don't remember...I probably won't remind them.
Took this picture right before we headed out the door to go to their Sunday School Christmas program on Sunday night.
I probably won't be on here again until after Christmas. I hope that you all have a very merry Christmas!!!





0 comments:
Post a Comment