I was informed that it had been a while since I had updated this blog, so I thought I better get to it.
We've been busy as usual the past few weeks. Chloe cut 2 teeth and all three kids went through a 12 hour flu...all on different days.
Chloe has cut 2 bottom teeth, a center one and I believe a side one. She's been a little crabby about her teeth lately. She did start eating cheerios though and gets really excited when I get them out. I thought I would try and be a good mom by saving a little money and feed my baby healthy...I attempted to grind up veggies and fruit...I succeeded at pureeing everything, but Chloe didn't handle it very well. Her diapers proved it (and her clothes). I don't know if that was all a coincidence because she was teething, but it was enough for me to back off...I don't have the time to test it out again and go through all that. I think I wasted more money on diapers this month. It's worth spending the extra cents to buy the food. I am going to start mixing milk in with her formula in a couple weeks too, just like 2 oz in one bottle a day at first...maybe we can be done with formula by the time shes 10 months. She eats solids like a champ so I am not worried at all. she'll have her 9 month doctor appt. in February with some shots involved. I can't wait to see how she's grown.
Luke is Luke. School is going really well. He was so totally excited last week when someone new drove his bus home...UNCLE MARK!!! He was so excited that when he ran into the house to tell me, he couldn't stop shaking enough to get it out without stuttering. We had to settle down first. He really likes his Great Uncle Mark. He filled up the penny jar in his class for the fund raiser "Pennies for Patients." He was excited about that too. What a teachers pet I have. He is excited for T-ball to start up. He talks about it often. He talks about his little cousins all the time too. He loves all his girls (even if he doesn't show it).
Ashlyn is Ashlyn. :) She is liking school too. She is a huge story teller. What an imagination she has acquired. She blames everything on Luke or Chloe. Sometime it's too funny not to laugh at. then she gets mad if I do laugh. We can't win with her. We are still working on getting her potty trained at night. Slowly, but surely. She's just so stinkin' stubborn...I have no idea where that comes from. ;)
This past weekend was the Cannon Falls Alumni Basketball tournament. The class of 1997 won it all again. '94 did good though. It was a fun weekend. I love getting to see everyone that we haven't seen in a year, which is sad really...I think we saw everyone more when we lived 12 hours away in Kansas. Guys, we have get together more this next year. The kids...all 3 of them...spend the whole weekend up in Elk River at Grandpa Paul & Grandma Sharon's house. They had so much fun. It was such a nice break for us. The drive got to be a bit much, but it was well worth it. Grandma & Grandpa ended up getting sick Saturday night though, so I got the kids Sunday afternoon and they spent the rest of the day at the gym with us.
My project the next two weeks is to get the kids' Valentine's cards made for their parties. I have colors and ideas...I just need to get the stuff out and sit and do it. Lincoln and I are going to Underwater World for Valentine's dinner. We actually sit at a table for 2 right under the sharks. Should be interesting...it was expensive enough (and we get $20 off for being members). We've never done anything for Valentine's day. Some people call it a Hallmark holiday and until this year, I agreed. I've never really thought about it going out on Valentine's...I think I decided that I was going to use that day as en excuse to go out with my husband without the kids. When you have kids, though, Valentine's is a big deal because it's is celebrated in school. I'm glad though. I enjoy getting the kids ready for it.
I think that's it for now. I've babbled enough. G'nite.
Side note: The gal who wanted the cookbook link: it's on the right on this page...you know who you are.
2 months ago





1 comments:
Hey Kim -
Great update. The kids sound like they're doing well minus the whole flu thing. I'm sure you're glad that's over
Just letting you know that we're planning the 2nd Annual Boogie to Beat Breast Cancer event coming up on March 22nd. We're doing the silent auction again along with having the Loose Cannons play. I was wondering if you're still doing Lia Sophia and would be interested in donating to the silent auction again. I know your stuff was a huge hit last year. You can email me or post a comment on our DuBar Dolls blog if your interested.
Thanks,
Heidi sue
Post a Comment